What are internal links, we can hear you ask us this question?
What is Internal Linking?Internal links are links that navigate users from one page on a domain to a different page on the same domain.
The internal links are very useful for a good few reasons:
- They allow users to navigate a website.
- They help establish information hierarchy for the given website.
- They help spread link equity (ranking juice) through the website.
Why internal links are important for SEO
Google and other Search Engines use internal links to discover the site’s new content. Plus, we should remember that internal linking improves user engagement with the website. When users see some informative link that truly matches the context of the content, they are likely to click on that link to explore that part of the content even further.
What are SEO Best Practices?
If you wish to build a good internal links architecture, you have to have lots of content pages. The first step to an awesome internal linking strategy is to have a great content strategy. You can’t have one without the other. More good quality content you have – more linkable content you’ll have.
There are some important best practices for internal linking structure success we all must follow:
- We should always put our user experience first. Internal linking requires a user-focused approach to adding value and information to the site. Content links are a strong signal to both the search engines and users that the content you’re linking to is really good & relevant. Our users want that. Thus, internal linking is helping them a lot.
- It is important to manage internal links value in a proper way. They can establish a hierarchy on your site, allowing you to give the most important pages and posts more link value than other, less valuable, pages. So using the right internal linking strategy can boost your SEO
- Structure around content topics is a MUST. One of the major points in creating an ideal site structure is how we organise pages into logical topics
- We should always aim to create unique, useful and interesting content. Search engines filter duplicate content in the results. If we have the same content as everyone else, it can be hard to appear in SERP.
- All of our efforts can be pointless if our website’s navigation is not crawlable. The key here is not only to get the search engines to find and be able to crawl all our content but also understand the relationship between the pages based on topical relevance.
Well, all best practices are subject to change over time due to various changes in both users’ & search engines’ behaviour and priorities, but we have to stay focused on what matters right now. A good Internal linking structure can definitely position our websites to succeed in winning the SERPs.
Our Latest Posts
Elementor Review from SmartSEO4you: If you are sure whether Elementor is the right page builder plugin for your website, then keep reading this article. In
Why is SEO important? Just think, you could have the most amazing website in the world, but if nobody can find it, that won’t matter.
You have heard the term “White Hat SEO’ so many times, but do you actually know what does it mean? If you still not sure
If you are really curious to know what the most common ‘black hat SEO’ tactics are still used to manipulate search engine result page (SERP)