What is ‘Black Hat SEO’?Black hat SEO is a set of unethical practices, which are used to get a site ranking higher in search results. These tactics don’t actually help businesses to solve their ranking issues but other way round – they often end in a penalty from search engines.
So what SEO techniques are considered as ‘Black Hat SEO ones’?The following SEO tactics have been recognised as unapproved tactics which can lead the brand to be penalised.
- Content Automation – means using tools or scripts to automatically generate and publish some content on the site. This type of content is not user friendly, contains nothing unique or valuable to the audience, plus, as a rule, it comes completely unformatted.
- Bait and Switch – is another deceptive & misleading black hat seo tactic. This involves creating content around the topic you want to rank for. And once the page is ranking high enough for this topic, the content is swapped out for something completely different.
- Scraped Content – means someone takes your content and publish it on their website in order to increase ranking for that particular topic.
- Doorway Pages – ‘are sites or pages created to rank highly for specific search queries. They are bad for users because they can lead to multiple similar pages in user search results, where each result ends up taking the user to essentially the same destination. They can also lead users to intermediate pages that are not as useful as the final destination.’Here are some examples of doorways:
- Having multiple domain names or pages targeted at specific regions or cities that funnel users to one page
- Pages generated to funnel visitors into the actual usable or relevant portion of your site(s)
- Substantially similar pages that are closer to search results than a clearly defined, browsable hierarchy
Our Latest Posts
Elementor Review from SmartSEO4you: If you are sure whether Elementor is the right page builder plugin for your website, then keep reading this article. In
Why is SEO important? Just think, you could have the most amazing website in the world, but if nobody can find it, that won’t matter.
You have heard the term “White Hat SEO’ so many times, but do you actually know what does it mean? If you still not sure
If you are really curious to know what the most common ‘black hat SEO’ tactics are still used to manipulate search engine result page (SERP)